Thursday, January 21, 2010

Auntie Leslie's Idea

So back in 2005 I got my first cell phone when I moved to kelowna. Soon after that I made my first cell phone case, which I lovingly crocheted to look like a super gimpy cat (very similar to this, but white - which *fun fact* just so happens to be the very first thing I sold on my etsy shop!). Well five years later, my parents attempt to get with the times and my mom finally gets a cell phone for xmas - to which I whip out my ancient (quite loved and worn) gimpy cat cozy to lend her until she makes one of her own. Well my aunt leslie was apparently impressed with my crafting/wants to be supportive and gave me some money to make a similar one for her to mail out when I'm finished. Well she isn't really the "gimpy cat" type (but really - besides me and my mom who is?) so I made a dog instead. He's still pretty gimpy though...



I am a little impressed with my ability to whip up something when I'm completely patternless, especially since it is somewhat more complex than his aged kitty ancestor...well the blue was a little tricky anyways. But he is pretty darned cute! Hopefully he fits my aunt's cell phone and she is pleased with her custom purchase! What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute! I,m sure your Aunt will love it! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arf arf! If only neal hadn't lost my phone at the airport... I'm going to have to get a new one just so I can have a cozy like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Blue Patch and Ears really sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! I've been thinking about making cell phone cases for a while, and just haven't been motivated to do it, but this is so cute that it makes me want to start making some of my own! After the Valentine's Rush of course :P

    ReplyDelete