Sunday, January 31, 2010

Good call lindsay!

As part of my "let's rock etsy for 2010" goals, I did the mad scientists of etsy (msoe) team's january "valentine's day" challenge (just in time too!). Since I'm not a big fan of feb.14, I opted to go for that love robot coffee sleeve I've been promising to craft up for lindsay for ages now (seriously - ages - read this post). Because even if I'm not the love-y type, I do enjoy robots and tea! The verdict? Amazing! Take a look:


I'm really happy with how it turned out and the snap closure is much easier than my original "have to hand sew shut" design. And best of all? It totally sold within 20 minutes of posting it! Lindsay - you're genius! I guess once I finish up the other three projects I'm crafting on I'll have to attempt mass production of these suckers! Hooray!

In other news - high five me! I managed to do a blog post for every day of january! I think this will be like most people's new years resolutions and start off strong followed by dwindling epic fail. Yup. We'll see...

3 comments:

  1. You can totally do it! A post every day is awesome, and I know you have it in you. The trick is to have as many theme days as possible... like haiku days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator.

    Thanks, Threadless.com! I'd do a post about threadless and it's awesomosity, if I were you.

    Also, that is a fabulous sleeve. I want one. Except I always take a reusable cup from home instead of buying beverages anywhere else. Perhaps you could make up love robot insides for those travel mugs that you personalize?

    ReplyDelete