Sunday, January 17, 2010

Pocket Mirrors?

So I've been having this idea float around in my head for quite some time now but what is your opinion on pocket mirrors? If you don't know what I'm talking about (although I'm sure you can figure it out) they are sort of like big pinback buttons....except instead of being 1" around they are 2.25"...and instead of having a pin on the back they have a mirror (surprise surprise). I happen to have two and think they are the handiest things ever! (especially at work after a break when I want to check if there's anything in my teeth). I even made a cute little pinking sheered felt cover for mine so it stays clean and scratch free! Lovely!

So what's the question you ask? Why am I wasting your time reading this blog post when I've clearly already decided pocket mirrors are great and there is much better and cooler things you could be doing with your time?! Well I'd love to know your opinion! What do you think about a line of geeky scientific culture made pocket mirrors? Do you think endeavoring into the world of pocket mirrors would be worth while? Would you ever contemplate purchasing one? And (most importantly) what adorable wide set eye smile images do you think would be best? Would their popularity be the same as buttons? I mean there is an entire 1.25" more of diameter to play around with - maybe I'd have to come up with bigger designs? Or just stick with a button design in a bigger form? Oh the questions!

So Please! Enlighten me with your thoughts! I certainly just did a whole bunch of rambling/thinking out loud :) Now it's your turn...

Oh! P.S. My darling Newton finger puppet made it in a sciencey etsy treasury! Woo!


Click on the picture above and show it some comment love - but only for a limited time! The treasury expires on monday night

9 comments:

  1. Seems like a good idea to me! I'd go with making a new image, though, even it's just a montage of some of your buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd go for new image or old, depending on how into it you're feeling. I'd like to be able to buy a little case, too!

    And since I always have stuff in my teeth, this seems like a necessity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any requests in images though? I was thinking maybe love robots. But what would you want the most?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a Yeti pocket mirrior!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeti is certainly doable! I could even attempt to whip him up with a nice background *gasp*. I'll try some sketching today and see what I come up with. Still working on button designs too...so much drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I repeat the tweet: KATE. OMG. Pocket mirrors are awesome!

    Would you do a foxie one for me?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally will Chandra! I was planning on making 25 (which could totally be 25 different designs) so foxie is in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think myabe the yeti could stand alone on it, but it would be cute to use the extra space for two robots (or animal, etc.)! It'd be so cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself in your pants.

    ReplyDelete