Saturday, July 2, 2011

To market to market!

Hooray! I managed to snap a few pictures of my last minute craft adventure to show you. Check it out:


Yup! Colourful felt + ribbon + sticks + wide set eye smiles = super cute magic wands! Aren't they fun? I've been meaning to make these for a while (and subtly hinted about it when I showed you my sketchbook a while back) and success! I did it! Craft project complete! and with three fabulous shapes to chose from too! We have:

1) Hearts (girly, pink, and lovely)

Link
2) Flowers (still girly but less so. Jim says they look like planets or molecules...)


and 3) Stars (magical and slightly less girly in case some little boy gets jealous of his sister's new wand)


These were totally a blast to create and let me use some of my most favourite crafting supplies. I didn't make an enormous amount of them since I only had one day to make them from start to finish but we'll see how they sell to see if I will be making any more any time soon. Let's take one more peek at my 12 new lovely smiling creations:


So what do you think? Know any little kiddos that will beg their parents for handmade wands? Yes? Well bring them down to the Artisan Square Market today! I'd love to see you! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Oh these are super cute - and I can think of 2 very cute littluns who would love some. It's a shame they're in London not Canada or I would bring them along to take their pick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I love these! They look so great ^_^ I wish I lived in Canada so I could come to your stalls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Canada, but it's still a 10 hour drive to get to the market. :(

    These are totally awesome. You could team up with the guy at the Kelowna Crafter's Market who sells Harry Potter wands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These turned out so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete